[A4] DAOLaunch AMA with Fishing Town (17 Dec 2021)

Introduction Part

Reza / Daolaunch: Firstly may you kindly introduce yourself and your team? Could you tell us more about the project, and your journey so far?

Jack Whale@FishingTown : Hello, I’m Jack Whale, the CEO & CMO of the project. Our CPO is Lucas Whale and CTO is Tony Orca. This project started from 5 people, now we have 30 people in the team, breaking down by smart contract developers, game developers, and marketing team.

It started from the game I like to play, Stardew Valley & Harvest Moon. From this point, we’d love to develop something multi-functions with good looking graphics and easy chillax sound. We have come pretty far, starting from building our core team, placing the storylines for everything, i.e., marketing strategy, graphic design, game system, in-game assets: rod NFT, and fish NFT etc., then develop Fishing Town game to become real.

Right now, we are in Phase 2 - the duration of private pre-sale, IDO public pre-sale, marketplace, community events, competitions and alpha test today and tomorrow.

Reza / DAOLaunch : Omg alpha test already :flushed::flushed: You guys have definitely come a long way, 30 people is a lot! congratulations to you. That’s great progress, and with IDO around the corner, you must be so busy.

Jack Whale@FishingTown : Haha, I and my team will be 100% prepared!

Reza / DAOLaunch : Can you explain a bit what Fishing town is? what are some compelling features/ main advantages of Fishing town? Who are your main customers?

Jack Whale@FishingTown : For the game features, we created new maps, new in-game items, new NFTs, merging rod, new NPC and NPC relationship, Rod equipment, mineral minting, wood cutting, leaderboard, $FHTN staking, voting, housing, cooking, aquarium, and cross chain NFTs etc. We designed game to be the long run, we would say the advantage will absolutely be with the players who stake our token.

Plus, pixel art is easy to approach multi-generation players starting from 20 - 40 years old. Especially Gen X and Gen Y. Game will offer players the childhood feeling, the moment when you were 6 years old playing a computer game.

Reza / DAOLaunch : I do love the retro vibe, feels like I’m playing a childhood game! you guys certainly succeeded in achieving your mission, that’s for sure.

Wow so much upcoming content, I cant wait to play the game!

What made you decide to implement the semi-oracle feature?

Jack Whale@FishingTown : We want to take control the price of Gachapon not too unfriendly or pricy from the player’s side.

Reza / DAOLaunch : Could you advise how can NFT be used in fishing town? Is there any benefits for NFTs early purchase?

Jack Whale @ FishingTown : Our NFTs are separated into rod and fish. Players can take fishes to craft a new rod then sell to the new players who are interested to play Fishing Town. Players can take fishes to merch 2 rods to upgrade the durability and developing NPC relationships to have upper benefits in the future.

For players who had rods at the first lot in November, they got the lower price (130$ and 150$) and can play a game during the close beta, for the next round we will have a gachapon sale on 23 December 2021 and the price will be 150$ - 250$.

Reza / DAOLaunch : Can you share and comment with us a little about the Fishing town Tokenomics?

Jack Whale @ FishingTown : We made the best out of mathematics to get Tokenomics that beats inflation rates. Fishing Town has 2 tokens: a governance token named Fishing Town token ($FHTN) is our game currency, players use for NFT purchasing and transactions, stake, vote, and purchase tickets to extra events.

The secondary token is $GIL , we mint and burn with unlimited quantity. From this part, we will evaluate and strategize circumstance by circumstance. $Gil commonly used for in-game activities: upgrading systems, events, and game centers such as lotto, fish racing, dice and wheel fortune etc.

Nice to see a two token system and that you requested help from mathematicians, super important. Nice work team.

Community Part

1. What are the competitive advantages of your project? What advantages do you have that other competitors don’t have? What would be your project secure most similar contender in the market today in terms of scalability, security, features, and adaptability???

Jack Whale @ FishingTown : Our main strength is pixel art, I would say, plus the sound we create is the very best experience we can offer the players. For the game itself, we have many features that can attract new users and maintain the recent users to continue playing our game. We also welcome non-gamer and 101 crypto newbies as we plan to have the content outline starting from registering Binance and so forth.

In the worst case, if the smart contract has been hacked we will close off-chain bridge and move to on-chain transactions to prevent unlimited demand. Next, code and deploy the new smart contract, announce to players what we face, build and move everything from the old contract to the new contract. We inject treasury money, pocket money we reserve for problem solutions only.

1. Is your platform suitable for crypto beginners? Or does it only limited for professional users?

Jack Whale @ FishingTown : For those who are new to the market, I can say you guys can begin with our game because of the small amount of gachapon (150$ -250$) invest, easy to play, and there will be the how-to contents waiting to be published, i.e. how to create/install plug-in MetaMask, how to buy our governance token ($FHTN) etc. This part we build it under the #FishingTownAcademy as we want to drive new users/people to the Blockchain technology for its best result and rivers of ideas coming next.

1. Did you consider community feedback/requests during the creation of your product in order to expand on fresh ideas for your project? Many projects fail because the target audience and clients are not understood. So I’d like to know who your ideal consumer is for your product?

Jack Whale @ FishingTown : We consider not only the community but also our partners and VCs. For the community, we have our team. for Example Canned, King Crab, Quay, and our moderators all across the world taking care of announcements and messaging 24/7 in case if our people have concerns or questions they can share or just talk or make jokes.

We target our players in Gen X and Gen Y specifically, as we launched our marketing plans only 2 weeks since in the middle of November, practically I would say it’s friendly with multi-gender and multi-aging.

1. AUDIT play an IMPORTANT role in enhancing the stability of any PROJECT. Do you have AUDIT CERTIFICATES? Or are you working to AUDIT your project to make it more secure and reliable?

Jack Whale @ FishingTown : We have already audited by Peckshield and Certik officially. Plus, InspeX is revewing our smart contract. I can provide you the links to dive deeper for your mental security:

Peckshield:publications/PeckShield-Audit-Report-FishingTownAuditReport-v1.1.pdf at b9e684a3d6b1fd5c456ab11d06a00a9c8c1787c7 · peckshield/publications · GitHub

Certik: Fishing Town - CertiK Security Leaderboard

As soon as InspeX succeeds our project, I will announce the community asap.

1. According to the roadmap, what is your most important next priority? Do you have enough funds and strong community to achieve the goal?

Jack Whale @ FishingTown : Our next priorities are Gachappon sale + IDO listing on DEX on 23 December and Game launch on 25 December. We want to deliver the best of it and we could fuel up slots from the big VCs and there will be a lot coming in the future.

We have our representatives in each unit of the world, we aim to localize our project as much as possible to be in touch and see the real feedback from Vietnam, Thailand, Japan, Philippines, Indonesia, Nigeria, Brazil, USA, France, Denmark, UK, German, China, Spain etc.

We also translate our pitching deck and white paper in Portuguese, Spanish, Chinese, Japanese, etc.

You guys can see our data here:

Pitching deck: https://fishingtown.io/static/media/pitchdeck.17c87236.pdf

White Paper: https://fishingtown.io/static/media/whitepaper.8c32a88d.pdf

Gitbook: Fishing Town - Fishing Town - Whitepaper

We designed the appearance to be the old comic book theme. :wink: